|Date posted:||Wednesday, September 12, 2018|
|Position:||Group Legal Affairs Assistant (Part Time 20 hours per week)|
Group Legal Affairs Assistant (Part Time 20 hours per week)
MSV Group is the UK's premier motor racing circuit operator with six major UK motor sport venues including Brands Hatch and Donington Park, hosting numerous major race events each year together with track days, testing and driving experiences.
In addition, MSV runs many motor racing championships including British Superbikes.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and motivated lawyer to support MSV's Group Legal Affairs Manager, handling a wide range of matters related to the growth and development of the business.
The role will assist in respect of all legal and risk management advice relating to the Group businesses, as well as managing external advice from specialist advisors. The areas on which the legal department provides advice include:
- Commercial contract negotiation. Bespoke agreements including venue hire, sponsorship, joint ventures, corporate acquisitions.
- Preparation and maintenance of standard terms of business, B2B and B2C.
- Management of the group commercial property including freehold and leasehold property transactions, management of numerous tenant relationships, planning permissions etc
IP and media
- Management of group IP portfolio and proactive protection of group IP rights.
- IP licensing.
- Advising in relation to the group's media and advertising activities.
- Managing all group litigation from debt collection to major commercial disputes
- Contentious HR matters.
- Claims relating to the defence or protection of group IP rights.
- Working with insurers defending claims against the group.
- Dealing with legal issues relating to the group's employment, working with HR.
- Data protection compliance.
- Supporting the Company Secretaries in relation to corporate governance.
- Group insurance requirements - working with brokers, claims handlers and insurers in relation to risk management of the group's activities, and oversight of all claims.
- Health and Safety and environmental compliance
The successful candidate will work closely with the Group Legal Affairs Manager and with Senior Management and staff at all levels of the business, while also being comfortable working autonomously.
The role will be based at MSV's new offices at Donington Park Circuit, with occasional travel to MSV's other venues.
The opportunity will suit a hands-on lawyer with broad commercial experience who is happy to deal with any legal issues or requirements of the business, with support from the Group Legal Affairs Manager and external counsel where required.
It is expected that the role would suit someone with 3 to 6 years PQE, but anyone with relevant demonstrable experience is encouraged to apply.
With an expected requirement of around 20 hours per week, hours can be agreed to fit with other commitments.
To apply please click on the apply button above or apply in writing, detailing salary expectations and notice period to:
Brands Hatch Circuit
Closing date 5 October 2018