|Date posted:||Friday, January 25, 2019|
|Position:||Grounds Maintenance Assistant|
|Application form:||Click here|
Grounds Maintenance Assistant
MotorSport Vision, the UK's largest motor racing circuit operator owning Brands Hatch, Donington Park, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park, Snetterton and Bedford Autodrome, is currently seeking a motivated and hardworking individual to join the team at Snetterton motor racing circuit.
As an experienced Green Keeper or other sporting ground grass care specialist, you will be responsible for all the grass care on site, and in particular turf maintenance.
Working as part of the venue maintenance team, you will help development of the soft landscaping on site. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to assist in the servicing and maintenance of all green keeping machinery and equipment. The position is based on a 40-hour week however flexibility will be essential, particularly over the summer months and leading up to and during our promoted events.
To help ensure our site is maintained to optimum level the candidate should have proven track record of work experience, and be self-motivated. Particular experience operating large zero turn mowers, and mini tractor equipment would be an advantage. Qualifications in pesticide use would also be advantageous.
Main responsibilities will include:
- preparing land for turf laying and repairing damaged track edge turf
- rolling and mowing the turf
- identifying and controlling weeds
- ensuring irrigation and drainage systems are implemented and maintained
- operating equipment like hedge cutters, strimmers and ride-on mowers, tractor powered flail mowers
- assisting the Maintenance Foreman in routine venue maintenance projects, such as, general venue presentation duties, painting, removing rubbish etc.
- maintaining good communication with Circuit Management team
Tasks will vary throughout the year according to the season and weather conditions.
This position will be on an annualised hours contract to start in late February or early March. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To register your interest, please contact:
Snetterton Circuit, Harling Road, Snetterton, Norwich, Norfolk NR16 2JU
Tel: 01953 887303