|Date posted:||Friday, December 24, 2021|
|Position:||Group Health and Safety Advisor|
Group Health and Safety Advisor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Health and Safety Advisor to join the successful and rapidly-expanding business at MotorSport Vision, Europe's largest motor racing circuit operator. Our venues host a number of prestige championship races including World Superbikes, British Superbikes, British Touring Cars and many more.
We are seeking an experienced, dedicated and hardworking advisor to assist the Group Health and Safety Manager. This is an interesting and varied role with plenty of opportunity to grow and develop. You will have a base at either Donington Park or Brands Hatch circuit offices, working closely with the circuit team as well as autonomous working on group wide projects, and travelling to our other circuits as required.
You will be a proactive and dynamic health and safety advisor, with the ability to balance the business awareness of its health and safety legal duties and best practice, with finding practical solutions when issues arise. This is a challenging and fast-paced working environment where building good relationships and effective communication are crucial. You will assist in the delivery of the Health, Safety, Fire and welfare functions across multiple motorsport venues.
You must be prepared to work event weekends, including Bank Holidays, during the event season, with occasional visits to other circuits across the group to assist the teams.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Provide support and assist the Group Health and Safety Manager implement the health and safety management systems and functions across the Group.
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment.
- Assist, support and advise the MSV Group circuit teams so they can meet their statutory obligations pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work.
- A solution-based working ethos, with the ability to identify practical solutions to any problems
- Monitor standards, processes and systems to ensure responsibilities associated with health, safety and wellbeing at each circuit are adhered to.
- Co-ordinate the development of health, safety and fire policies and procedures
- Create, manage, and monitor risk assessments, method statements, safe working practices and CDM plans
- Provide engaging staff training and toolbox talks, where required
- Complete health and safety inspections and site checks across all Group circuits.
- Maintain up-to-date safety documentation for contractors and suppliers.
- Monitor helpdesk queries and incident/accident reporting
- Events and crowd safety management, estate and facilities management.
- Chair and/or assist circuit health and safety meetings, with timely distribution of minutes
- Collating and reporting on key H&S data and statistics from the Group circuits.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
For this role you will need;
- To have or, be working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent, with a minimum NEBOSH National Certificate.
- 3-4 years recent and relevant experience in a similar event, maintenance or agriculture-based health and safety role.
- Membership of IOSH or other relevant bodies
- A current, valid, driving license is essential
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft packages, with excellent IT literacy, verbal and written skills, as you will need to use and create systems and spreadsheets daily
- A conscientious and proactive professional approach and the ability to develop relationships at all levels across the business and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- To be self-motivated, assertive but have a calm demeanour
- A keen motorsport interest would be a significant advantage, but is not essential.
To apply for this role click here