Glenn Irwin maintained his position at the top of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship Free Practice times at Donington Park this morning, waiting until the end of the session to set his fastest lap, which put him 0.494s clear of his chasing rivals.
The times tumbled towards the end of the session as the track continued to dry and conditions improved, meaning it was a final dash to the chequered flag for the final laps ahead of SUPERPICKS Qualifying and the eBay Sprint Race this afternoon.
Danny Buchan also saved his best until last as he edged into second on his final lap, which put him narrowly ahead of championship leader Bradley Ray, with 0.021s between them.
Andrew Irwin made it both SYNETIQ BMWs in the top four as he continued to up his pace throughout the session with MCE Ducati's Tom Sykes and Josh Brookes completing the top six riders.
Home hero Leon Haslam was seventh fastest ahead of Title Fighter Kyle Ryde on the second of the Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamahas, with Showdown rivals Jason O'Halloran and Tommy Bridewell completing the top ten. That just eased out Lee Jackson into eleventh for the Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki team ahead of this afternoon's eBay Sprint race grid decider.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Donington Park GP, Free Practice 3 result:
- Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing UK) 1m29.121s
- Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +0.494s
- Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) +0.515s
- Andrew Irwin (SYNETIQ BMW) +0.815s
- Tom Sykes (MCE Ducati) +0.840s
- Josh Brookes (MCE Ducati) +0.859s
- Leon Haslam (VisionTrack Kawasaki) + 0.939s
- Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) + 1.037s
- Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +1.038s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +1.163s
For the full session result please click here
Tickets for the the Bennetts British Superbike Championship at Donington Park are available upon arrival at the venue all weekend, with free entry for children under-13. For more information, click here.