Bradley Ray set an incredible pace with the fastest ever lap of Cadwell Park to take the Bennetts British Superbike Championship pole position for the eBay Sprint race following an intense Omologato Superpole this afternoon.
Ray was the penultimate rider to set a lap, but the Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha saved his best until the final sector where he upped the ante to snatch the Omologato pole position by just 0.258s from Rory Skinner.
Mr Superpole Tom Sykes had been the first rider to leave the eBay pitlane and the MCE Ducati rider set his fastest lap of the weekend, securing a second row start in sixth place.
Peter Hickman was up next and the FHO Racing BMW rider was the one to set the pace for a considerable duration; the local contender going to the top of the times, but he wasn't displaced until Rory Skinner.
Skinner had set a time that would be hard to beat; the fastest lap of the weekend up until that point, but Ray gave it everything to grab the advantage.
Skinner's Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki teammate Lee Jackson was gunning for honours, but he would miss out to his teammate by 0.019s and will start third on the grid for the eBay Sprint race alongside Ray and Skinner.
Ryan Vickers and Andrew Irwin both failed to set their lap in Omologato Superpole, the pair both crashing unhurt on their flying laps.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Cadwell Park, Omologato Superpole result:
- Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) 1m:25.457s
- Rory Skinner (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki) +0.258s
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Kawasaki) +0.277s
- Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW) +0.411s
- Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) +0.540s
- Tom Sykes (MCE Ducati) +0.541s
- Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +0.614s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +0.634s
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +0.870s
- Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing UK) +0.968s
- Leon Haslam (VisionTrack Kawasaki) +1.069s
- Takumi Takahashi (Honda Racing UK) +1.101s
- Christian Iddon (Buildbase Suzuki) +1.394s
- Ryan Vickers (FHO Racing BMW with Attis Sports)
- Andrew Irwin (SYNETIQ BMW)
For the full Omologato Superpole result please click here