Danny Buchan became the seventh different race winner in the 2022 Bennetts British Superbike Championship at Cadwell Park this afternoon, launching himself up the standings to move into ninth as he fights for a place in the Showdown for SYNETIQ BMW.
The race was red flagged on the penultimate lap when Josh Brookes crashed unhurt at the top of the Mountain, with the MCE Ducati stricken on the track.
At the start of the race, Jason O'Halloran had got the best launch off the line, leading the pack into Coppice for the first time ahead of Buchan, Ray and Rory Skinner. However, by the time the pack reached Park, Buchan had made his move to take the lead.
Buchan was pushing to break the chasing pack, as Skinner moved into third place, but Ray fought back to regain third place on the fifth lap.
Tommy Bridewell was also on the move up the order; moving into fourth place at Coppice on the sixth lap, and hunting down the riders ahead of him.
Whilst Buchan was able to edge a slight advantage over Ray who was up to second by lap seven, the tussle for points continued with just four races now remaining before the Showdown.
Bridewell helped his Showdown aspirations by moving into third at half race distance, and continued to fend off the freight train of riders lining up behind him to try and make a move.
The Oxford Products Racing Ducati rider maintained his edge, with his podium finish pushing him up to sixth in the standings now ahead of Tarran Mackenzie and Kyle Ryde who finished in 11th and 15th places respectively.
Leon Haslam was also carving his way up the order, when the race was red flagged he had fought his way into fourth place ahead of Skinner, with Andrew Irwin keeping Peter Hickman at bay for a top six finish.
O'Halloran would end the race in eighth place, meaning that Ray has closed to within five podium points now in the standings with Glenn Irwin and Tom Sykes completing the top ten.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Cadwell Park, Race 2 result:
- Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW)
- Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) +0.815s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +3.129s
- Leon Haslam (VisionTrack Kawasaki) +1 lap
- Rory Skinner (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) +1 lap
- Andrew Irwin (SYNETIQ BMW) +1 lap
- Peter Hickman (FHO Racing BMW) +1 lap
- Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +1 lap
- Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing UK) +1 lap
- Tom Sykes (MCE Ducati) +1 lap
For the full result please click here
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings:
- Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 352
- Bradley Ray (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) 352
- Rory Skinner (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) 230
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) 221
- Glenn Irwin (Honda Racing UK) 206
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) 185
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) 180
- Kyle Ryde (Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha) 178
For the full standings please click here