Fortec's GB4 Championship leader Nikolas Taylor showed rapid pace at Brands Hatch today (Tuesday), as several runners took advantage of a test day on the mighty Grand Prix circuit layout, ahead of the race event at the Kent venue on 10/11 September.
The Anglo-Malaysian's best time of 1m25.442s came in the fourth and final session of the day, and put him over half a second ahead of Elite Motorsport's Jack Sherwood, who set his best time of the day in session three, like the majority of contenders.
Kevin Mills Racing duo Tom Mills and Kevin Mills were next up, with Mills just over a tenth away from Sherwood, with Waberski a couple of tenths further back. Both set their best times in session three also.
Graham Brunton Racing's Logan Hannah was another to set her best time in session three, posting the fifth quickest time and 0.164s clear of Hillspeed's title contender Max Marzorati, who was sixth, with his best lap coming in the final 30 minutes.
Hannah's GBR teammate Chloe Grant was the only other driver to record a personal best time in session four, and was clear of Fortec's Jessica Edgar in eighth.
The GB4 pack will reassemble at Brands Hatch next Friday (9 September) for official pre-event testing ahead of the penultimate race event of the year.
GB4 Championship, Brands Hatch GP test result:
1. Nikolas Taylor, Fortec Motorsport, 1m25.442s (session four)
2. Jack Sherwood, Elite Motorsport, +0.576s (session three)
3. Tom Mills, Kevin Mills Racing, +0.719s (session three)
4. Jarrod Waberski, Kevin Mills Racing, +0.934s (session three)
5. Logan Hannah, Graham Brunton Racing, +1.590s (session three)
6. Max Marzorati, Hillspeed, +1.754s (session four)
7. Chloe Grant, Graham Brunton Racing, +2.456s (session four)
8. Jessica Edgar, Fortec Motorsport, +5.217s (session three)